Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Greetings! (cue spooky thunder SFX)

Hi everyone! I'm brand spankin' new to Monster Etsy... You could say the proto-plasm is still a little shiny! I guess I should introduce myself!





My name is Leigh, and I have been a painter, sculptor, and maniacal modelist for most of my life. I have been fortunate enough to make a living this past year painting wargames miniatures by commission, which was my hobby, and led to a problem.


I didn't have a hobby anymore!

I've always loved monsters. Give me zombies, golems, aliens and crazed gorillas anytime and I'm a happy guy. It's genteic, too. A shopkeeper asked my seven year old daughter what kind of game she would like to look at, and she asked for the zombie section!




So, Etsy looks like it will be a nice outlet for me. I will be putting up my original creatures in bobblehead and jewelry form, and will be adding some cards later on. My first release is Bo-Bo the Angry Lab Monkey, which I sculpted, molded, and cast in my laboratory! Next up is Emmitt the Zombie. He's just in the prototype stage right now, so I'll post some pics when he's ready!

It's cool seeing such a fun group of monster enthusiasts on Etsy! Stop by my shop or leave me a convo any time, I would enjoy getting to know all of you!
Have a good one!

No comments: