Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Greetings Boils and Ghouls


I'm glad to see that I'm not the only weirdo out here in ETSY-land. I am also proud to be associated with this fine group of craftsmen that aren't afraid to make art out of things that go bump in the night. I'm new to this whole artist thing... yeah, I drew some as a kid, but I never pursued it with any commitment until recently. For a very long time I was imprisoned on planet Suncoast in the Retail Galaxy. I managed to escape a little over 3 years ago and took up art as a hobbyist. I decided to "go pro" this past November. Being an artist is now my "day job", so if you like my work, please, go ahead and buy something! I will be grateful as will my mortgage company and my utility providers!
If you check my etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5537573)... hopefully I did that right... you will see that those years on planet Suncoast have heavily influenced my paintings. I love sci-fi and horror movies and use them as subject matter in a lot of my work. I welcome any comments, advise or suggestions any of you may have.
As for now... it is time to get back to the easel... I think maybe Lord Darkness from Legend is in order for the next painting...

No comments: